You may have heard talk of vanilla networks and wondered what exactly they are. In the simplest terms, a Vanilla network is a standard Microsoft network without the management tools included with proprietary network solutions such as Ranger, RM CC4 and Viglen Classlink (to name but a few)
Running a Vanilla network in a school 10 years ago would have been a very challenging prospect; however the proliferation of good quality, reasonably priced management tools available today means it can now be considered a realistic option.
If Vanilla is your network of choice here are just some of the services we provide:
- Transition to a ‘Vanilla’ solution
- Access to simple tools for managing clients
- Custom build images for PCs
- Software Package building
- Virtual CD Support
- Cheaper - no additional licensing costs for PCs and Servers
- Less restrictive to modify
- Capable of performing better on older hardware
- Can require greater management
- Requires greater levels of technical expertise at the school
- Easier to 'over develop'